Kempo teaches the principle of courage. Through Kempo one develops self esteem, a positive attitude, and confidence in being able to protect oneself thus developing courage. The only rule the Universal Kempo-Karate Schools Association stresses, is complete obedience to the principles of Chinese Kempo-Karate: Good Character... Sincerity... Efforts... Self Discipline... Humbleness...
One of the greastest values of Kempo-Karate is the refinement of character it brings about. Kempo-Karate proves the old adage, "A sound body makes a sound mind."
To teach a student the mechanics of Self Defense without teaching important rules of conduct would be a mistake. Some of the important lessons you will learn include:
- Shake hands, look them in the eye and introduce yourself.
- Give without remembering and receive without forgetting.
- Offer to others before taking for yourself.
- Always respect those that came before, those that follow and those with you.
- People may not remember your words but they will always remember how you make them feel.
We believe that living by these guidelines is a more effective approach to self-defense than relying on the use of force.
Universal Kempo Karate School near you!